Plentiful Travel's Top Things to do in Amiga Island
Amiga Island is a private island located off the coast of Labadee, Haiti. Labadee is a private beach resort solely for Royal Caribbean cruises. If you are cruising with Royal Caribbean, and you have a port of call in Labadee, you must book the Amiga Island shore excursion.
An Amiga Island excursion from Labadee is a three-hour excursion that will run $69 per person (as of 2018). While on Amiga island there are several things that you can enjoy. After a short 15-20 minute boat ride from the port to the private island, you’ll be greeted with a complimentary drink, in which the island offers additional beverages for purchase. Once on the island, there are many hammocks and beach chairs that you can relax in. We do encourage bringing additional supplies such as snorkeling equipment, beach towels, or anything that you would want or need while at the beach.
Amiga Island is quite small, where you can walk the entire island in less than 5 minutes. It offers gorgeous views of the Haiti coastline, white sand beach and screensaver-worthy blue water.
wHAT TO PACK
Phantom Aquatics Snorkel Set
Microfiber Beach Towel
Collapsible Water Bottle
Plentiful Travel’s Tips for the Amiga Island Tour through Royal Caribbean
- The tour is great for those looking to escape the crowds and want to just relax on Private Amiga Island
- We did some snorkeling, but the shoreline is very rocky and not a lot of visibility to see a lot
- Bring some cash as there is a bar on Amiga Island that you can order drinks from
- We brought rum rummers with us from the ship and were able to pour our own mixed drinks to save on cost
- There is not a bathroom on Amiga Island, so you’ll be using a small hidden section if you have to go, or the ocean, so plan accordingly!
- There are some mats to lay out on, chairs and hammocks on the island so try to claim yours, but the tour is fairly small so it should not be an issue
- You are on Amiga Island for about 3 hours which leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of Labadee, Haiti before heading over to Amiga Island
Here are a few more of Plentiful Travels cost-friendly top travel products to pack if you've decided to venture on in exploring Amiga Island:
Our Recommendation for Labadee, Haiti Port:
Royal Caribbean offers many great activities and excursions in Labadee. Cruisers are in Labadee for several hours where you can experience a variety of those while in port. When we arrived, we went to find a spot on the beach, but as you can imagine, there are thousands of cruise ship passengers flocking there as well, so be sure to get off the ship early to grab a good seat.
We then rented kayak’s for 30 minutes and went around the cove there close to the ship. When then joined the Amiga Island excursion. As mentioned, we really enjoyed this as it’s a private island where maybe 20 people are sharing the excursion with you. You do not have to worry about packed lines to get drinks, fighting over seats and all that other nonsense.
Upon our return, we even had time to get a run in on the Dragon’s Breath Zipline. Overall Labadee ended up being a great port so be sure to include that on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!
Amiga Island - Labadee, Haiti (Royal Caribbean Cruise Port)
For a quick glance at this experience, here is a video of our Amiga Island excursion. If you have any questions on this trip or any of our travels, please contact us and we would love to help answer any questions that you have.